- Login & Registration
- Q: From where can I log in to My Account?
A: On our home page at the top right corner you will see the option of "Log In / Register". Click on it and you will be guided to the "log in" page.
- Q: From the My Account section, where can I check my order status?
A: After login in to your account, on the left side of the page you can see the option of “My Orders”. Click on it and you will see the list of orders you have made with us. You can then click to the specific order and see its status.
- Q: I am unable to log in to My Account. Please help.
A: Please take a screen shot of the error message and send it to email@example.com. We will look into the issue.
- Q: How can I register with Study by Janak?
A: You can become a part of Study by Janak family in one simple step. You need to click on "Sign In / Register" option on the top right corner of our website and provide us with some of your basic information.
- Q: will I know whether I am registered with you or not?
A: We will send you automated email confirming that you are registered with us along with your login ID and password.
- Q: What do I do if I have forgotten my password or my password does not work?
A: If you have forgotten your password or it does not work for some reason, the first step we recommend is to try the Forgot Password link to generate a new password. If this new password doesn't work, please contact Customer Support.
- Placing an Order
- Q: Do I need to type my address every time I order?
A: For registered users we offer the facility to retrieve saved addresses. For all new customers, we send the login password to the email address provided at the time of registration. Once you have ordered with us, your shipping address is saved in your My Account section. While placing any subsequent order, simply enter your email and password to use this saved address. You can also login to the My Account section to manage your saved addresses.
- Q: How do I place an order?
A: You may follow the following steps to place an order:
- Select the desirable product.
- Login with your account details.
- Add the item to Shopping bag.
- Click Proceed to checkout option.
- Enter the shipping address and select a payment mode to proceed with the payment.
- Click Proceed to Pay and complete the payment.
- successful order placement the Order ID will be generated.
- Q: I have placed my order. When will I receive it?
A: The time to ship of all the items is mentioned on the website. Additional 4 days are required for customization and 3-4 days from the date of shipment.
- Q: How will my order be delivered to me?
A: We at Study by Janak deliver orders through reputed courier companies like DHL, Fedex, and DTDC.
- Q: How will I know if order is placed successfully?
A: Once your order is successfully placed you will receive a confirmation email from us. You can also login to the My Account section and check the status of your order.
- Q: Do you take orders over phone?
A: Yes, we also take orders over phone. But we request you to place the order through our website.
- Q: I am placing an order to gift someone. Will she receive the price tags and invoice?
A: We will try not to attach the invoice but generally because of the prevalent regulations we send the invoice along with the product.
- Q: Do you allow exchanges?
A: Yes, we do allow exchanges. For further details on this please check our Returns Policy.
- Q: Can I add an item after I have placed my order?
A: Request you to place a fresh order for the item you choose to purchase.
- Q: How do I check the current status of my orders?
A: Checking your order status is very easy. After shipping your product we will provide you a link with your tracking no. from there you can easily track your order.
- Q: I can see items in 1 day time to ship. Does that mean that I will get my item in 1 day?
A: The product will be dispatched within 1 bussiness day of placing the order. An additional 4 days are required to deliver the product at your doorstep. Also, if you opt for stitching then it will take 4 days extra for customization.
- Q: How will I know when my order is shipped?
A: You will receive an auto-generated email from us with details of the item which has been shipped along with the tracking details.
- Q: Why was my order partially shipped?
A: This can happen as different items have different processing time. Items which get ready first are shipped to you separately.
- Q: Can I receive my order early even if the time to ship is 21 days?
A: For priority requests, we can try for it. But we cannot assure that we can make the delivery as per your request. Sometimes the product takes their due time in processing. If you have any time constraints then you can always opt for Ready to Ship products on our website.
- Q: Can I remove stitching after my order has been placed?
A: Yes, we can certainly remove the stitching or customization request from your order. As long as the order has not moved to the Processing stage.
- Q: I want a part of my order to be shipped in US and the other in India. Is it possible?
A: Due to differences in Shipping Costs, we cannot ship items from one order to two shipping addresses. IF you need delivery at two locations, we request you to place two orders.
- Q: Will the out of stock item be available again?
A: Once an item is out of stock there is no certainty to provide that item in future. You can check the similar items available on the website.
- Q: How can I place an order of an item in multiple pieces?
A: All you need to do is provide us the item code and the required number through an email so that we can check and inform you about the availability.
- Q: Do I need to register to shop?
A: No, you don't have to be a registered user of Study by Janak to shop with us. However, being a registered user helps with faster checkouts and personalized recommendations. Keeping the many benefits of registration in mind, we have made registration very simple. While completing an order all you have to do is choose the Guest Checkout option and we will register your email and send you the My Account password.
- Q: Price of my ordered item has gone down / is now on sale after placing the order?
A: For all items we offer the best value to our customers. In this case, it might happen due to various factors like high demand of the item or low cost of the raw material.
- Q: Do you provide any discount; other websites provides a lot of discounts?
A: We offer our products at a very reasonable price and we are not in practice of offering discount on regular items. Our mission is to give our customers fresh fashion at genuine prices. We assure you that it will be hard to find such a huge range of items and varieties under one roof with so many offerings like Truste Certified Privacy, VeriSign Trusted Privacy, McAfee Secure, and Customization Flexibility. We would also like to introduce our Sale section. You may find items ranging from 10% to 30% discount. You may check our Sale Section items link for sale. If you want to purchase our items in a bulk then kindly let us know the item codes and the exact quantity so that we can check and advise you accordingly.
- Q: I want to use two discount codes at a time. Can I?
A: Only one discount code can be used at a time to place an order. We will update you if there are any changes in future.
- Q: I have a $5 off coupon with me, how can I use it in my current order for which I have already made the payment?
A: The $5 discount code will remain valid; you can always use the same on your future purchase with us.
- Q: Can I use discount codes even if the item I am buying is on sale?
A: As the item is already on sale and on a discounted price, any additional discount will not be applicable to it.
- Q: When I use a discount code on the site, I am shown a discount code is invalid message.
A: All discount codes are subject to expiry. We request you to email us the code so that we can check the same from our side, and update you on it.
- Q: Items are beautiful but the price is quite high. Can I get a discount please?
A: We offer all our products at a nominal price keeping the quality standards in mind. However, we do offer various promotions from time to time and also have a separate sale section for items with discount.
- Measurements and Customization
- Q: Can I get sleeves for the item which has a sleeveless image on the website?
A: For all the items, we generally provide sleeves upto 3-5 inches on special request of the customers. But, it is encouraged to check the possibility of the sleeves before placing the order for such items.
- Q: I have already placed my order but forgot to click to the customize option. What do I do now?
A: Customization can be added against the order till the time the order is not dispatched. You will need to send us an e-mail with your measurements. You don’t need to pay any extra charges for stitching.
- Q: I wish to make some changes in the submitted measurements for my order. How do I do that?
A: Measurement can be changed till the time the item is not sent for stitching and the updated measurement attributes must be communicated to our customer service team on priority or you can mail us with your new measurements.
- Q: I had ordered a pre-stitched sari. However the petticoat was also stitched with the sari. I wanted the sari to be stitched and not the petticoat.
A: In a pre-stitched sari, the sari is stitched with the petticoat. If you wish to have the sari stitched separately then you need to mail us about it after placing the order.
- Q: Do you provide margin on customizable items?
A: 2 Inch loosening will be available in all items stitched on custom measurements.
- Q: Can I submit my measurement later?
A: Yes, of course you can submit your measurements later. However to ensure that your order is processed at the earliest, we urge you to submit your measurements with the order.
- Q: What are the customization charges?
A: Customization is free with every order.
- Payments & Security
- Q: I have made the payments but its showing as "Authorization Fail". How do I proceed further?
A: Your payment may have failed due to some technical error while performing the transactions. We’d suggest you to try a different Card for payment or contact your respective bank.
- Q: I have been charged twice from my account?
A: This may have happened due to some technical error while performing the transactions. Write back to us with your payment details with an option of whether you want Refund or Gift Card to shop at Study by Janak.
- Q: I have tried to make the payment number of times but I am receiving an error message and unable to complete it. Why?
A: If your payment is not completed successfully through the Gateway used, please try to make it using another Card/Gateway by deleting the cookies from your system. However, if the issue persists please send us the error message which you are getting while trying to complete the payment and we will forward to the concern department for further assistance.
- Q: What are the different modes of payment that I can opt?
A: We accept payments through:
- Credit Cards: Visa/Master Card/Discover/JCB/American Express/Diners Club cards.
- Debit Card
- Net Banking
- Bank Transfer
For more details, please check Payment Options.
- Q: Can I pay for my order partially?
A: Partial payment is not applicable. To complete your order you need to make a full payment.
- Q: Is it safe to give my credit card details over the internet?
A: We do not seek any credit card information from our customers through e-mails, phone calls or in any other way. Also, we suggest you to please do not share it with anyone. However, for the interest of those customers who are making online payment, we are using special credit card security technology called SSL (Secure Sockets Layer). This encrypts your credit card number so that it cannot be read as the information travels over the Internet. All your credit card details which you fill online for making payment on our website directly goes to the issuer bank.
- Q: Will my credit card number be kept confidential?
A: Your credit card or any other bank details do not come to us but to the credit card company directly for the payment approval directed by Gateway Interface. Hence, your bank details stay confidential.
- Q: What about the privacy of the customer information?
A: Study by Janak is using latest data encryption technology to ensure that your account information is not available to outside resources. Also we never authorize our customer's information to any third party. We consider that the privacy of our customer is extremely important to us. We are in the business of serving you and not selling the information of the customers. Your name, address and other information's are collected only to attend your order.
- Q: During the payment process why my credit card been rejected?
A: This may happen due to the following reasons:
- Incorrect details of Credit Card
- Credit Card declined from Credit Card Company/Bank
- Crossed Excess Credit limit available on your Credit Card
- Credit Card Company doesn’t allow Overseas transactions
- Mismatch of Shipping & Billing address
For further assistance, please contact your respective bank.
- Q: Which credit and debit card do you accept?
A: In case of Credit Card payment, we accept Visa/Master Card/Discover/JCB/American Express/Diners Club cards. For debit card payment, please check with your bank if they facilitate with overseas payment.
- Q: Can I change my payment option in the Order placed?
A: You can change the mode of payment only before it has been made. Once payment completed and approved by us, it cannot be changed.
- Q: My total order amount is showing in US dollars, but I want to make the payment in a different currency?
A: US Dollar is the standard currency used on our website. However you can view price in your local currency by switching currency from top right corner of our website.
- Q: Do you guys accept Bank transfer?
A: Yes, we do accept payment via Bank Transfer. For more details, please check Payment Options.
- Q: Why do I see a slight change in the prices of the items in my cart?
A: A slight change in price may occur due to currency fluctuation. It always reflects the most recent price with the displayed products on the website.
- Q: In which currency will I be charged?
A: It makes no difference from which country you are buying our products, you will be charged in your local currency - the US dollar equivalent amount for your order (on the basis of present conversion rate of your respective bank).
- Q: I do not want to provide my Credit Card Information due to Security Purpose. Please provide me other option.
A: In such case, you can make the payment through Bank Transfer. Please get in touch with our Customer Support Team to understand the process. For more details, please check Payment Options
- Q: How many payment Gateways do you have?
A: We are using ccavenue as our payment gateway. For more details, please check Payment Options.
- Q: How can I purchase online using Net Banking?
A: We have net banking gateways like - HDFC Bank, Kotak, ICICI Bank, IDBI Bank, Induslnd Bank, Punjab National Bank etc.
- Q: Can I make payment through Western Union Money transfer?
A: We do not accept any payment through Western Union Money Transfer. You may make the payment by using your credit/Debit card (support online shopping) or Net Banking. You can even use Bank Transfer.
- Q: What are Cross Border Fees or International Transaction Fees?
A: An international Transaction fee is not charged by us. The same is charged by the respective bank of your credit or debit card. Cross border or International transaction fees are actually charged by your bank. Many times the bank will even try to hide the fee or not claim responsibility for charging it until they are pressed. We receive many inquiries from our customers because they think they are being overcharged. This is a very difficult issue but the answer is that customers must contact their bank for additional information on these fees.
- Cash on Delivery
- Q: Is there an extra charge for cash on delivery?
A: There are no extra charges on cash on delivery orders.
- Q: The cash on delivery option is available for which countries?
A: Cash on Delivery option is only available for orders shipping to India.
- Q: How are orders delivered for cash on delivery payments?
A: Delivery is made either through reputed courier companies or Indian Postal Service.
- Q: How will I get to know whether my COD order is confirmed or not?
A: We will notify you through email or call upon receiving the order and will take the confirmation accordingly within 1 business day.
- Q: Is there a maximum limit for placing cash on delivery items?
A: The Cash on Delivery facility is available for orders of upto INR 15000.
- Q: What if I want to place an order above INR 15000?
A: You can pay the excess amount above INR 15000 to our Axis bank account. For any further clarification please contact our customer service team.
- Q: Will I be able to get an invoice for customs clearance purpose?
A: Yes we do ship a copy of invoice along with the parcel. In case you require additional copy, we can always email it to you.
- Q: Can you do partial shipment for cash on delivery orders?
A: Yes partial shipment is possible. However, individual item value needs to be less than INR 15000.
- Order Modification and Cancellation
- Q: I want to cancel the order as I found the same at another website at a lower price?
A: Variation in price depends on multiple factors. Please mail us the item specific link of the site where you have found the item in lesser price so that we can assist you accordingly.
- Q: I want to add a new item in the current order?
A: Please place a fresh order for the item you wish to purchase
- Q: Can I cancel my order?
A: It will be difficult for us to cancel your order if the same has already been dispatched or undergone customizations. However we request you to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with a reason of cancellation, we will check the status of your order from our end and assist you accordingly.
- Q: I want to change the shipping address of the order as I am relocating to a different location.
A: You can surely change the Shipping Address till the item is not shipped. Please contact our Customer Service Team for the required amendment.
- Q: I had changed my shipping address from USA to India. Will I get refund of the Shipping Charges I paid?
A: Yes you will get the refund of the shipping charges as we provide Free Shipping across India. Please contact our Customer Service Team for the required amendment and refund.
- Q: Do you ship items globally?
A: Yes, we ship the orders to every corner of the world. We have partnered with reputed shipping firms to offer our customers the best service.
- Q: How do I track my order?
A: Before an order is shipped, you can login to the My Account section and view the Order Details to review its status. Once an order is shipped, we email the courier company's name and order tracking number to you. You can visit the courier company's website to track your order
- Q: I should have received my order by now but I haven't. What do I do?
A: If you have the tracking information reference number and name of the courier partner, please visit the courier partner's site and check for your order. You can call the courier partner with your reference number for clarification. If you are not happy with the information, please contact our customer service with order number and we will be happy to help you.
- Q: I am going out of town. Can you expedite my order delivery?
A: We try our best to meet the requirements of our customers. If you require expedited delivery, you can raise a request for it with our Customer Support team and we will try our best to meet it. However, we cannot guarantee that it can be expedited.
- Q: What is billing address?
A: The address where you receive your card statement details is called Billing Address.
- Q: What is shipping address?
A: The address where your orders are delivered is called the Shipping Address.
- Q : Can Billing address and Shipping Address be different?
A: Yes, you can give different addresses according to your convenience.
- Q: How safe is my order during transit?
A: We operate with all the renowned logistics companies such as DHL, FedEx and DTDC. The delivery of your items is completely secure.
- Custom Duty
- Q: What do you mean by Custom Duty charges?
A: Custom Duty charges are a tax levied on import of goods by the custom authorities of your respective country to raise revenue. Mainly, custom duty is levied on the value of goods or upon the weight, dimensions or some other criteria of the item. These vary from country to country, and even from item to item.
- Q: Why do we have to pay Custom Duty charges?
A: Every time when an item crosses an international border from one country to another, it is subject to these charges by the importing country rules and regulations. Charges such as Custom or Import Duties, VAT, Local Sales Tax, Clearance charges are not in our or any seller's, control, but are determined by your local government.
- Q: Can you send my gift order without an invoice, a lower amount, or an item not for sale tag?
A: No, that will not be possible. As a recognized e-commerce company, we pride ourselves in complying with the many rules and regulations that govern international shopping.
- Q: I was not charged a Custom Duty on my previous orders, then why now?
A: We have no control over these charges and cannot predict where they will occur. Every time when an item crosses an international border from one country to another it is subject to these charges by the importing country rules and regulations. The charges may vary according to the rules of different countries depending on item, item value, quantity, end use, materials or methods used to make the item, discretion and work load of the duty officer etc. If you are in any doubt, you are encouraged to check with your country custom office.
- Q: How much Custom Duty will I be charged?
A: There are different rates of duty for different goods imported from certain countries in terms of bilateral or other agreement with such countries which are called preferential rate of duties the duty may be percentage of the value of the goods or at specified rate. The rate of customs duty applicable will be as provided in Customs Act, subject to exemption notifications, if any, applicable.
- Q: I have paid the shipping charges then why am I being asked to pay more?
A: Shipping cost is something which you have paid us to ship the item to you. All Study by Janak products are shipped on CIF (Cost Insurance Freight) prepaid basis. If the courier delivery person tries to collect shipping charges from you please do not pay and contact us. But VAT/custom taxes and import duties must be paid directly by the buyer to the courier agency. VAT / Custom Taxes and Import Duties are not included in our ordering process, but may be charged to you by your government.
- Q: Why am I being informed about the Custom Duty charges now?
A: We have a list of countries where these charges may occur and we always send an automated email to all our customers once the order is placed informing them about the charges so that they will be aware of these charges at the time of receiving the delivery.
- Q: I have returned the item back to you and want a full refund. I had paid for the custom duty as well so will you refund that amount to me?
A: In such cases, we request you to please email at email@example.com. We will assist you further.
- Returns and Exchange
- Q: I received an item which is defective, please help.
A: We request you to email us the photographs of the item received highlighting the defect so we can assist you with the solution as soon as possible.
- Q: I received an item more than a month ago and wish to return it for an exchange. How can I do that?
A: As per our return policy, we accept returns of items within one month of delivery. Read the complete Returns Policy
- Q: Do I need to pay anything extra for the replacement blouse/churidar/dupatta that you will be providing?
- Q: Can I return a part of my order?
A: Yes, you can return a part of your order as long as it meets our terms of Return and Exchange.
- Q: Do you provide Drop-Ship facility?
A: Currently we do not offer this facility.
- Q: Do you provide return shipping label?
A: Currently we do not offer this facility.
- Q: I ordered a readymade item but, it seems the size is not right. Can I return the item?
A: We request you to email us the photographs of the item received highlighting the incorrect size using a measuring tape so that we can assist you with the solution as soon as possible.
- Q: Who will bear the return shipping cost?
A: If we find the concern raised by you is valid, we will bear complete return shipping charges.
- Q: Can I return an item if I don't like it once I have received it?
- Q: There is a slight variation in the item color. I want to return it. How can I do it?
A: We believe that all the customers who order online are aware that colors seen on a monitor will be slightly different as compared to the actual outfits or accessories ordered. Again, if you still wish to return the item, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org along with the images so that our team can check and can assist you further.
- Q: Will I get my money refunded if I return the parcel back to you?
A: Yes, we will refund the amount to you once the item is received in our workshop.
- Q: Can I modify my order after it has been placed?
A: Yes, you can modify the order subject to the processing stage of the item.
- Q: What if my replacement order is of lower value? What will you do with the extra amount?
A: If the replacement item is of lower value then we can provide you with a Discount Coupon to be used in your future orders.
- Q: Will the discount code of my previous order be utilized in the replacement order?
A: Yes, it will be used.
- Q: How will I receive my refund?
A: For cancelled orders, the refund is issued via the same mode of payment that was used to place the order. For example, if you had made the payment for the order using your Visa or MasterCard Credit Card, refund for the cancelled order will be issued to the same credit card.
- Our Store
- Q: Where is your store located?
A: We have 6 stores located in different Place:-
- 1. South Extension, New Delhi
- 2. Karol Bagh, New Delhi
- 3. Grand Mall, Gurgaon
- 4. Great India Place, Noida, UP
- 5. Ludhiana
- 6. Jalandhar
- Wholesale Orders
- Q: Do you accept wholesale orders?
We do accept wholesale orders, we request you to email us at email@example.com with your inquiry, and we will get back to you within 1 business day.
- Need assistance with something specific? Write to us, our Customer Support Team will be happy to assist you.